Calling all bug explorers! Visit WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre this May Half Term to have a fantastic day of bug themed activities.
There will be opportunities to get close and personal to a variety of bugs and insects including spiders, stick insects, snakes, cockroaches, scorpions and leeches with National Exotics Animal Rescue Services; are you brave enough to hold them?
- Take part in daily bug hunts from 11am - 12.30pm to see what creepy crawlies you can discover with a magnifying glass;
- Grab a net and delve into our ponds in our daily pond dipping sessions between 1.30pm and 3pm;
- Join us as we open the moth traps everyday at 11am by the Discovery hide;
- Pick up an insect spotter sheet from the information desk and see if you can find and tick off all the bugs on the list as you explore Martin Mere;
- There will be bug themed crafts in our family craft room from 1pm to 4pm including butterfly sand art and make your own butterfly wings
- For those looking for an extra adventure, head over to our canoe safari area to meet our GIANT bugs as you glide along on a canoe or go on a relaxing boat tour between 11am and 4pm.
- But it’s not all about the bugs…… See the cute sight of the fluffy Greater flamingo chicks!
There are loads more activities for the whole family to enjoy. Go on a wild walk adventure, build a den, enjoy our outdoor adventure playground, brave the stepping stones and enjoy watching the wildlife from our discovery hide.
A trip to Martin Mere is a great day out for all the family!